Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Sunday, April 2, 2023

#109: Down to the wire

 

I sit staring at the blinking cursor on the laptop. The “sheet” seems immense and a blinding white.  My phone buzzes; it’s a weather notification—we’re now under a blizzard warning. It’s April. About par for the course though, this time of year; the moisture increases this time of year, but temps are still freezing at night. At least it’s staying light longer, though. Still, I am tired of snow and ready for warmer weather. Even though this brings out the tourists. Already, they’re starting to trickle in; yesterday, a whole line of “side-by-sides” went up the street, their engines disrupting the relative quiet of Lead. I shudder to think what the park looks like; I haven’t been there since mid-October, when I finished out my seasonal gig. Waiting on my boss to send information on when I need to fill out the paperwork for the summer.🌳

 Easter is next weekend. I have the candy all ready to go, ready to spring (get it?) it on the roommate Sunday morning. Of course he may not be here; his summer hours with the city begin this week, and so every other weekend will be a 4 day weekend. So I may have the Easter bunny's leavings all to myself. Not terribly sad about that--it is chocolate after all.🐇

School is.... school. I am seriously regretting taking the ecology class online; the professor waits three weeks to grade what I turn in, the exams look totally unfamiliar (even though we're allowed to use our notes and the textbook! Are we even looking at the same thing??) and so I have no clue if I am even passing. I am running out of options of stuff to take as one class I need is only offered at the SAME DAMN TIME AS ANOTHER CLASS that isn't offered ANY TIME ELSE.😡 As per usual. So it may not be next spring when I make my escape. I need to schedule a meeting with a counselor to figure out, please please please? Can we not schedule one of those classes another time?? I'd like to graduate sometime before I turn 50 (remember, I'm already 48!)  I like the place, but getting a tad annoyed. Facing down several projects I haven't even started on, even though there's only a month left of classes. 

As I type, the house smells of crock-pot goodness. Yes, we have a instapot thing that could cook it in 1/3 of the time. But the crock pot is somehow better. The house smells good as it cooks and it just simmers. I managed to find a small pork roast and some veggies yesterday--so into the pot they went today. I hope it will taste as good as it smells. 😋

No photos with this update; but hopefully will have some good ones to upload soon!

Aye,
Kraneia


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are moderated, so please be patient and submit only once ;)