Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Thursday, February 9, 2023

#106: Let sleeping flies lie

 

Wonder if he dreams of fruit salad? 
Today was Thursday. Which meant it was Lab day. 

I have to admit, entomology has been a trip so far. Although looking at bug innards hasn't been my cup of tea (all I see is brown. Brown globs and brown stringy things...) , the prof has been nice. Although I suspect he doesn't normally teach this class; he's using notes and powerpoint slides that someone else normally teaches with; and there's a couple of questions been asked that he "isn't sure" about the answer to. He reminds me of someone's grandpa. He wears flannel shirts and jeans (that he has to keep hitching up...) and his hair has a serious cowlick usually. A loveable old grandpa teaching the youngins about bugs. 

And today was Lab. 

Today's lab consisted of taking vials of miniature fruit flies, knocking them out for a bit, and sorting them by type. Apparently we're going to be cross breeding them in the next few weeks, providing we didn't squish too many getting them in the vials. I can't help but wonder who designed the manual above. They've got a pretty whacked sense of humor. 

OE class in the afternoon involved a test. Which meant writing gobs of sentences. Freaking woman loves essay tests, much to our annoyance. Fortunately, the prompts were already on the board for us, so at least we didn't have to remember that part; there were 12 parts of this and 9 parts of that. Who can remember all that shit? Not I said the duck. 

Tomorrow is Friday and the completion of another week, week 5. I guess I am doing okay. A couple classes it's difficult to say how my grades are; I'm doing all my work, but some things that are graded haven't been returned yet so I have no clue what the final grade on them are. I guess I'll find out, soon enough. Hopefully if I have screwed up on something I will at least get partial credit, an "A for effort" as it were. 

Here, have a happy walking daisy.
I am officially heading back to the park for the summer! Although I haven't done the paperwork yet, I got a message from the boss asking if I would be there.... Of course! As long as you'll have me, I said. Time to dig out the camera again. I can get a jump start on fall: one of the classes I am scheduled for is dendrology, and if it's like the other classes I have taken with this professor I will need lots and lots of photos, in this case it will be of trees. 

Tuesday is Valentine's Day. Hopefully you've got it all planned out, or if you're going solo, remember to love yourself, too. 

Don't know what I will be doing that day, truthfully. 

Coming soon: Easta! or Ostera if you're into that kinda thing. 

Aye,
Kraneia



No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are moderated, so please be patient and submit only once ;)