Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

#10: When The Heart Rules The Mind

"When the heart rules the mind,
one look, and love is blind/
When you want the dream to last,
take a chance, forget the past..."

So here I am, listening to the rain hitting the roof. It's been that way, off and on all day pretty much. It's August already! Holy cow. It has been a hot, humid summer. I will be glad for fall.

I have managed to gather up quite a collection of hot peppers. All that is missing are the habaneros, which aren't quite ripe yet, but should be soon. I am hoping when that happens I can make hot relish like I did last year.

As I type, the yellow candle on the dresser flickers and contrasts with the white Christmas lights around the mirror. I am pondering change.....

Seems like when you overthink things, it never works. It is a habit a lot of folks have, myself included. I am making an effort to just say fuck it and just go with it. My instincts have never been all that though. I rarely do things on impulse, and if what I do seems sudden, well, you probably just weren't paying attention. Cause I will give you lots of warning.

I found this old song appropriate here. Pretty much sums what what I am trying to do right at the moment, move forward, and quit looking behind me.


I have done some poking around with that old, battered camera of mine.  It has got me through some adventures. Damn thing is nearly 20 years old. It isn't so great with small things, but once in a while it manages to surprise me.

We have this loud-ass tree frogs in summer. You can pretty much hear them all night. You would hardly believe something so small would make such noise. Today I found one that decided it wanted to be a pepper frog instead.

He was a bit camera shy, so this was as close as I could get. I just told him to eat the little buggies eating the pepper plant and we would call it even.

Looking forward....
Aye,
Kraneia

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are moderated, so please be patient and submit only once ;)