Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Monday, July 23, 2018

#9: The show that never ends.

Well, my visitor is currently on the way home. The last couple of weeks were a blast--now I gotta figure out how to get out *there* and check out his neck of the woods. He lives out in South Dakota, so it's going to take a little bit of planning :)

We went to my favorite spots, and a couple places I hadn't been. It was nice to have someone along who wanted to do stuff.

Roomie and I pass through Henry River Village pretty much all the time (Roomie passes through going to and from work) but I had never actually stopped and looked. It was nice to see the place was being taken care of, and is going to be fixed up after sitting idle all these years


While on the way to Asheville we stopped in Old Fort and found Catawba Falls. I had never heard of this place, so it was worth exploring. It's a few miles away from Old Fort, and the trail was a steady but easy climb, until you get close to the falls themselves. Then you have to do a little bit of climbing. I somehow managed it in flip flops and a dress (!) and got this photograph. These falls look a bit taller than the one at South Mountain.

All in all it was an awesome experience, and one a bit new to me (people actually coming to see me? And staying a few days? Unheard of!) Also got educated somewhat on motorcycles and microbrewed beer (neither subject I had paid much attention to before!) Also got to meet a really cool friend who takes way better photographs than I do. ;)

Can't wait for the next stage of this journey....

This could be the beginnings of something...Stay tuned....



Welcome back, my friends...to the show that never ends.... ;)



Aye,
Kraneia AKA Scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are moderated, so please be patient and submit only once ;)