Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Thursday, October 11, 2018

#22: Happy Trails to Me

Gentian
Monday dawned muggy and cool, with the mist rolling in over the mountains.

After a brief discussion on safety and where we were going, we hit the trail.

This trip was a special one for me, as my friend Daniel had popped in from SD on a whim and was able to come with us this time to see what it was that we do.

I was handed my usual pair of long handled loppers, and Daniel was given a pair as well, and we trooped along, up hill, down hill, around branches and rocks. We cut back an assortment of briars and rhododendrons and mountain laurel that was starting to overtake the trail. I didn't take a whole lot of photos this time.

 There were a few interesting plants going still this time of year. There were many tiny purple asters along the trail (We had to cut back a few overgrowing the trail). Here and there where bottle gentians, so named because they look like little closed bottles.

Our "ringleader" Doug (left) explains to Daniel (right) the finer
 points of water diversion digging. Meanwhile, Arlene in the back
wonders what the heck she has got herself into. 

We had a good run and a nice afternoon lunch out on a rock outcropping with the folks.

And of course, there were brownies.

By the time we were ready to head off, the fog and mist had started to burn off and the clouds were trying to lift.

This was awesome as it left a nice view to grab a few photos of before we went home.







our view at lunch.

Work has been.... Work. Some days go really well. Others I feel like a complete dumbass. I guess I am still on a learning curve. I am getting more hours than I thought. This is a good thing I guess.

A coral fungus that looks like braaaiiiiins.
In other news, Google+ is apparently shutting down. Someone had their head stuck up their butts. I didn't use it much. But it was the only way I had to keep up with some people on here. Oh, well. You all have my email address or my phone number (A few of you have both ;) ) We will see how that goes.

next stop: (hopefully) the renaissance faire.

Stay tuned!

Aye,
Kraneia


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are moderated, so please be patient and submit only once ;)