Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

#340: Sights of the season

Yesterday I wandered back down to the creek. The dry sandy banks are furred with brown rushes, reflecting the waning of the year when light and tempature become difficult to come by. Also reflected is the lack of rain, which we haven't seen in more than a month and will probably be lacking in the near future as well.

I'm having to "make do" with the local gifts of nature. My usual lurking place is currently consumed by flames, as they have been for the past week. I doubt I will be able to visit it again, any time soon. It is just one of a number of mental losses I have suffered lately. Hardly surprising as it seems whatever I do, is wrong, so I shouldn't be surprised at the good things in my life disappearing and being taken away. 

I am also puzzled by certain people in my life. I get words, of encouragement, but words are merely air, and when it gets down to the wire and I choose to let people go, nothing is said. Mind, I'm not expecting an over dramatic "No!! Don't go!!", but it's as if the people involved don't care if I remain in their lives or not. I want people in my life, who will fight to keep me in theirs. And right now I'm not seeing it in anyone I come in contact with. Not the ex, nor my "roomie", nor any of my supposed "friends". Apparently I need new friends.

My Halloween/Ren Faire costume worked out fairly well this year. I still had to wriggle sideways through crowds to avoid hitting people with the wings, but I received compliments on them, and even had to tell a few folks how they were made. I got some fairy ears ("Faun" style--they're HUGE), so the fairy image is complete.

My next project will be doing something with the other, smaller pair of wings. Do I steampunk them? Or cover them with flower petals? Or make them "Yule" wings, with holly and ivy and pine?

Next stop: Thanksgiving. I'm ashamed to admit the Christmas tree is already up. The other evening I felt down and out and needed some cheering up. Coon-In-The-Room had already escaped from the box of decorations and was climbing up the branches. I've also gone several places out, wearing my deer antlers. It feels like I'm dying on the inside, but if I can get others to smile, I am content.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me have it!