Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Thursday, October 8, 2015

#326: This time of year

 
I love this time of year. The mushrooms seem to come out of nowhere. These look a little bit different than the ones I spotted last year. Some people have a problem with these, and don't want them growing in the yard. I find though, if you leave them alone, they aren't around for very long. They'll turn black in a week or two, and ooze back into the ground.  
 It's been a good day to drag out the old camera and get a few "snaps" in. I was impressed on how some of them turned out, since my camera doesn't always pick up small things like it should.

I spent this morning picking up some of the stuff left over from the storm, and putting things out I'd put away, and putting things UP that didn't need to be out. Then I pulled out the broom and swept around the picnic table. It was at that point I found Scratch's house all covered in leaves and things, and realized she needed a hand in cleaning up her yard, too. So I got to work, and it didn't take too long.  



I also cleaned up my "moss garden", which was a lot greener underneath the fallen leaves. All that rain from last week really perked the green stuff up.

Stay tuned!

Aye,
Scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me have it!