Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Thursday, September 3, 2015

#323: Leapin' Lizards!!

There came a scratch-scritch-scrutch at the front door.

 I knew immediately what it was.


............Our screen door has holes in it, where a previous tenant had let their dog climb up the door (don't ask.). So we had temporarily installed one of those mesh "curtain" things behind it, and just never replaced the screen door. So occasionally we get little visitors who get caught between the two mesh doors, and the storm door. Usually it's a big bug, like a wasp or a beetle. But occasionally we get a lizard, and that was what it was this time. It had climbed up the inside mesh door, and was up at the top. When I opened the storm door it looked at me like, "Oh CRAP."


Usually all I have to do is open the outside doors, and whatever-it-is flies/runs/crawls out. This lizard, however, took a flying leap OVER my head. And disappeared.


So for two weeks I've been hearing little scratches as it runs to hide under things. Yes, it was still in the house, somewhere. Until yesterday morning, when I spotted it it hanging out under a camp chair.

I managed to chase it into my computer bag, where I promptly took it outside and let it go.

This morning I came across it hanging out under the shade house. I know it's the same one because of the missing foot.

Tough little bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me have it!