Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Sunday, May 31, 2015

311: Random acts of weirdness.

So a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned Dent was in a fan-made movie. Still no link to this yet, but I finally got to meet a couple of the people who were running the thing, a couple of weekends ago. Who decided they needed to have a little... I guess you'd call  it a party? So I managed to get that day off somehow, and down to Charlotte we went.

..................Halfway down I-85 Dent piped up, "You DO know this is in a bar, don't you? "

No, you kinda neglected to mention that, Dent. Thanks.

So I managed two things that I normally avoid: a strange place filled with strange people. It helped that we left for home semi-early (a little after 10 pm), and there were only about 20 people there when we left (apparently, everyone else showed up later on, after we left.) They had weird sci-fi Whovianish inspired drinks, and Dent managed a couple. I simply told folks I was driving, (and got told I was awesome? By someone who, from the sound of him, coulda used a ride home?) and people pretty much left me alone on that.

There was a cool restaurant next door, it's three stories. Dent decided it would be a good place to hang out and have lunch while we waited on some of the other people to show up. We got talked up on the top floor (since we hadn't been there before) Here's the view from the top. As you may imagine, I got a little bit of a sunburn. A floppy hat would've been handy I guess, but I think the breeze would have blown it away.

Glad it wasn't raining.

W00t.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me have it!