Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

#309: annoyances

So here we are again, you and I. 

We have apparently gone from winter to summer here in Badhairland. I had to break down and buy pre-grown tomato plants, and out of the six I brought home, two of those have already died. It's frustrating when you do the same things that have always worked, and suddenly, they don't. I had this problem with previous employers; something would break, and the question asked would not be "what happened?" but, rather, "what did you do?" Motherfucker, I did what you told me to do, the same thing I've been doing for the past three months, look elsewhere for your scapegoat. No, I'm not perfect. But give me the benefit of the doubt, asshat. 

Sorry. I'm currently listening to Drowning Pool ("Let the bodies hit the floor...let the bodies hit the floor...."). I really ought not to listen to this kinda stuff before I go to work, it kinda sets the tone for the whole day and then my mouth gets me in trouble. Don't you hate that? 

I think this little 'toon I doodled this morning pretty much speaks for itself. Not that I'm some sort of Picasso or anything, but you get the idea.  

In other news, Dent is a wannabe movie star. There are some folks who make fan-films of various shows (these particular ones seem to have a thing for Dr. Who). Well, they needed extras a couple of weeks ago... so Dent went.  I'll post a link to the thing when I get it. 

It's also annoying when you want to sell some things, and you don't want to bother with Ebay but apparently the local people who COULD help are, apparently, idiots. If all you're using as a price guide IS Ebay, you're (hate to say it) retarded.  Uhm, yes, it's cheap on Ebay. Ebay is an auction site. The prices START cheap and go up as people bid on it. Ebay is not really an accurate guide to pricing collectables. If it's action figures, look in an action figure price guide. If it's books, go to a site that specializes on books. 

................I'm sorry, I'm not going to give you my anime mags for 25 cents apiece simply because they're a dollar on Ebay. They're nearly 20 years old and would be worth at least a little more to the right collectors. (incidentally, if you're looking for Animerica back-issues, let me know. ;) )
 
I have managed to unload a few more things, and hope to find a home for a few stuffed animals this evening. There is still the question on what to do with old VCR tapes. If you happen to have a VCR and want some, let me know. I won't charge except for maybe postage (last box of tapes I mailed cost me $20!) 

Next up: Scratch cleans out the closet. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me have it!