Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Thursday, June 26, 2014

#294: Heaven help me

Heaven help me, I think I'm turning....girly.

If you know me at all, you'll remember that I am most certainly female, and occasionally feminine. But girly? NEVER. It's a rare occasion when I'm in a skirt, or in makeup (you'll remember a few posts back, where I mentioned both in connection with a friend's wedding.). So what the hell am I thinking? No, not pink poofy tutus or anything like that. I'm not going to start giggling over boys (Hello? I turn 40 next January...) But maybe playing "dress up" once in a while'd be good for me. Looking "pretty" once in a while(although if you want to argue I am already, thanks anyway). I don't know if this is a condition of getting older, or whether I am honestly changing to suit the world (or maybe the world is changing to suit me, I don't know any more). I'll let you know how that turns out.... should I think of an occasion to play dress up that doesn't involve some sort of cosplay..... ;)

In other news, I've been writing different things. You'll find some of the snippets here.  I'm also putting together a story of sorts, but whether or not it will turn out to be worth a crap (or even be long enough to publish in a book of short stories), only time will tell. The people involved are in my head, and they will not go away. So this is the outlet, to keep me from sounding insane. Or more insane than I seem to be getting already. I'm not even sure what age group it'd be best for; it's a bit too dark for the young adult crowd but I'm not sure adults would want to read it, either. Get back to you on that one, too.

A couple of weeks ago, the Megs came for a visit. I figured getting to see her early on in the summer would mean I could focus on other stuff once it got really hot.  She'd got contact lenses but wasn't real sure about them yet, she still wore her glasses from time to time. Amusingly, I got her started on Sherlock, because it had "Bilbo Baggins and that creepy guy from that Star Trek movie" (her words). Afterwards, she admitted he wasn't THAT creepy. I guess he grows on you. Or she decided the "smart" outweighs the "weird" (she likes Dr. Who, too.....) *sniff* I'm so proud...My lil girl is growing up.....

So yeah, it's been an interesting couple of weeks. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me have it!