Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

#282: Unreal

Words cannot express what I am feeling at the moment, but I will certainly try. Bear with me.

Dent's brother-in-law died yesterday afternoon. He just............collapsed.  At the moment we're going with a heart attack, although I'm reserving judgement till the autopsy report comes back. At any rate, it was rather unexpected to say the least. This is the second person I have known, whom I have lost, in as many months. Remembering the old adage "death comes in threes", I hope this is not the case. I don't think MY heart could take it. :P

So the tomatoes have mostly come up, and the basil, and some of the carrots. I had to replant some carrots, as the ones in the back of the box didn't sprout (not enough moisture). I moved the box where they'd pick up more of the rain now. A neighbor gave me a hydrangea and a Gerber daisy for Mother's day... and I have started some cuttings. We'll see how the greenery progresses.

I have also come to the conclusion that fast food jobs suck. Now, before you say, "well, DUH", I knew this already. This is why I have been looking for something else since day 1. But now I am *really* looking, much harder. Being told "you suck" simply you can't get a Whopper at 9 a.m. (we don't crank up the broiler till 10.), and because we don't have Mountain Dew (yes, this sucks--but BK has coke products, always has)......well, it really blows. So I'm looking. And looking. And looking. I will let you know if I find something any time soon.

It also doesn't help that I have a lazy Love Lobster. But that's another "tail", for another day.  :)

Aye,
Scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me have it!