Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Thursday, November 22, 2012

#267: Happy stuff your face day!

Thought I'd put up a little bit of what I've been working on the past week or so.
So the other day, I started hearing noises coming from under the kid's bed.  I found the Christmas tree had escaped from the plastic straightjacket we'd wrapped it in last year...so I let it set itself up, and Monday evening, I put the lights and things on it. It *would* insist on wearing the star on top crooked.

Christmas is my favorite time of year. This has nothing to do with any Christian ideals, or getting stuff, or whatever people associate with the season nowadays. It's the whole idea that the year is almost over, and however bad it may have been, perhaps the incoming year will be better.  To me, it's about picking out all the nice bits left from childhood, and to hell with the bad stuff.

And of course, there's that whole "decorating the crap out of everything" idea. If you've kept up with me at all, you know we dress up the trailer every year, even though the only ones to see it are the crickets and the critters and the squirrels. (And the landlord, who sent me a text message Tuesday evening, to say she liked the lights we'd put up.)

At any rate, the Technicolor Trailer™ has returned.

 
Today was a good day to do nothing but stuff our faces and be lazy. It was sunny and was warm enough to (briefly) have the windows open.  No, I'm not going to go stand in line and shop tonight. Thanksgiving is Thanksgiving..... Probably won't stand in line tomorrow either. I will be shopping at the smaller places wherever possible... sometimes they have better, more personalized stuff. 
 
Yesterday was pretty insane, just as I thought it would be. There were mostly to-go orders, as people hurried to get home after a long day doing the hunter-gather thing for today. Boy, were they surprised when they still had to wait a while for food, as everyone else had the same idea and, well, the cooks and fryers can only go so fast. I predict tomorrow will be bad, too, and so on up until January 1st. Fortunately, I do the lunch crowd tomorrow, so at least I'm not closing again.  Thank God.
 
Here's hoping you have a decent gobble gobble--Catch you on the flip side!
Aye,
Scratch
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me have it!