Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Friday, October 5, 2012

#260: Fan Dance

K-world didn't have them; Wallyworld had put theirs up for the season. Bulls eye had one, for $30. Still too much for an out-of-season item. So what am I talking about? Dent's small desk fan died. I guess I will have to make do with the one from the kid's room. I was just using it for "white noise" anyhow, so it doesn't matter if it moves a lot of air or not.

On a related note, Dent decided he'd finally had enough of the strange noise coming from underneath the fridge.  It was time to clean under it, anyhow, so we scooted it out and Dent vacuumed and mopped where it was sitting. We took the cardboard backing off, and plugged it back in, to see where the noise was coming from. Turns out the fan blades were hitting something, because the fan motor was sagging a bit. Can't do a whole lot about this without taking it apart. But at least it isn't the compressor, which is really expensive to replace (In fact, most folks just replace the fridge, instead). I haven't heard the noise since last night; we'll see if cleaning things fixed the problem, albeit temporarily.

Mossy!
I am a bit disappointed in how the wildflower garden turned out. It resembled a weed patch more than anything, with very few flowers. I have to admit though, my moss garden really took off. The moss is actually growing on the rocks now.

Now, if I can just keep the mushrooms from taking over, over there.....

Aye,
Scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me have it!