Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Thursday, February 2, 2012

#227: "Intern-al" struggle

My cell phone rang at exactly 2:08 P.M. Since I've kinda limited who has the number, I hesitated a little before answering. "Hi, I'm so-and-so from blahblah, and I'm calling because you sent us a resume regarding an internship we're offering?"

This got my attention. There were a couple of online sites I'd sent it to. In order to not appear ignorant, I'd have to play along until I could figure out which one this was from. No problem. We talked for about 15-20 minutes. He got me to talk about the program I'd just finished at CVCC, and what sort of stuff I had done in Co-op (After having to explain what co-op WAS). Then he said, "Well, obviously, it wouldn't make sense to have you come all the way up here to Maryland just for an interview....."

Maryland. That was one of the places I'd looked into.

"...........But we'll be doing a second round of phone interviews in the next couple of weeks...."

Great. More "hurry up and wait". But I thanked him politely and ended the call with what I hope was a high note. We'll see if I get that second interview. It's actually a temporary position, running from March through September. But I'd be getting experience--which is what I really need right now.

Of course, my enthusiasm was somewhat tempered by the additional calls by two other people, neither of which had the right number. Still, one call out of three, being actually *for me* was somewhat cheering. It's an improvement from getting all wrong number calls. I guess.

Now, if I can just get some local businesses to call me. Cause gas ain't getting no cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me have it!