Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Thursday, October 27, 2011

#201: Been an odd day.

....last few days, really.

Firstly, tracking people down on Facebook. I learned someone I had a mad crush on in middle school has turned into a fat, hairy male version of the "crazy cat lady". The photos are not encouraging.

I have also learned that a former SCA pal who looks rather like an old-style "oompa Loompa" from Willy Wonka is still training to be a figure skater. The mental image alone is more disturbing.

Finally, I have learned I've lost a relative I didn't know I had, who died within days of me "friending" her hubby (on dad's side). The images here are making me tear up, mainly because I don't remember the woman in question, but wish I had known her.....

I have also lost something, apparently. And those of you who know me I get real upset when I lose things, mainly because I don't lose things, I tend to find them. It was a shiny green insulated cup I took to school. I remember leaving the classroom with it; I *thought* I had put it in the trunk of my car. But now it isn't there. I sincerely hope I didn't leave it on the top of the car when I drove off..... I was kinda distracted, see, it was field trip day. We got to go see some folks about some cut flowers they were growing, and my head was full of the photos I'd taken...