Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Open Letter To Bob Hoskins

Hey, Bob?

Uhm, yeah. You on the high horse, there.

So I understand you aren't happy with some of your previous projects, mainly that Mario movie. I can certainly see why you'd have a problem with it. However, there are a couple of things you should probably know before consigning it to that special hell of yours.

I can remember paying good money to go to the theater to see it. We ended up sitting on the *floor* in front of the first row, due to the insistance of someone who went with us, who as I remember, liked the video game just a tad too much. I had a stiff neck the rest of the day from looking up at it. And yea, it was corny, and weird, and had little to do with anything Nintendo ever put out.

It's also one of my fondest memories. The whole gang, munching popcorn. Laughing at all the Fungus jokes. Pointing out the places we knew----It was filmed in Wilmington, NC, where I lived for 11 years. Although I don't attach much affection to that, necessarily, still.....it's a memory I'd like to hang on to. I'd give a lot to be back there again; those were much more innocent times.

Yeah, I'm sure you had a tough time of it all, with the goofy 'stashe and all. But really, "Plumber's Crack" jokes aside, was it REALLY any worse than talking to a cartoon rabbit, or being a goofy pirate dealing with a midlife Peter Pan? Seriously.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: We all do stupid crap occasionally. I still do stupid crap, pretty much every day. It what makes me, me. So accept that you've had some pretty odd movie roles, and move on. Roll with it. And thank your lucky stars they didn't do a sequel.

Watching her copy of "Super Mario Brothers" right this minute,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me have it!