Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Monday, March 21, 2011

Saving the date?

 "No matter what happens, there's always someone who knew it would..."
 ---Lonny Starr,

Seems like everywhere you look, there's some kook screaming about the end of the world. Yeah, I know. Unfortunately, folks have been predicting the end of the world since, well, folks started keeping track of time. Will it happen this time? I don't know--not going to spend my time worrying about it. I have bigger fish to fry, so to speak.

So here we were, driving around yesterday. It was time to get Dent out of the house; he'd dozed off in the Chair Of Napping™ and I knew if we didn't reach fresh air soon he'd be a grumpy lil bugger. Somehow, the subject of weddings and marriage came up during the drive.....

What? He's only been bugging me about this FOREVER. I can't help it, I'm what you call "gun shy" about the whole bizness. You'd think with his background he'd be a little leery of being stuck with someone on a more perminant basis, too. You have to wonder which of us would be more crazy, me for having him, or him for staying? But I digress.

So I gave in a little.... I told him if the world didn't end at the end of December 2012, I'd marry him.

That gives you posers readers MORE than a year to talk him out of it. Especially when the first thing out of his mouth was, "can we invite my family?" Invite to what? I wasn't planning on a ceremony.

I can see this disaster as it occurs: Old SCA pals (who are, for the most part, pagan...) being buddy buddy with my sister (who hates my ex, not because he left me, but because he wasn't Christian...) Throw in HIS family, and we'll have a swell old time. Good luck with that. And a good time was had by all.

 No, no ceremony. All we need are a couple of people to witness the signing of the papers, if that.

So...Thoughts? Comments? Let me know what you guys think.
And be sure to save the date...the end of the world in more ways than one.

Aye,
Scratch


1 comment:

  1. Well, I have been the officiant at a number of weddings, more of them were unofficial weddings than official weddings.

    My advice? Hell, it's all about the celebrating of a union and sharing it with others so if you don't want that......

    Fuck it...

    ReplyDelete

Let me have it!