Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Friday, February 4, 2011

Pecking Order

video
 They've put computers in all of the classrooms in this building, so sometimes when I'm feeling anti-social I'll sneak into one that's empty and use it instead of dealing with the folks in the computer lab. I usually leave the light off, to avoid detection by well meaning but curious people. So there I was yesterday typing away and I see a movement out of the corner of my eye. I look up. It's that cardinal again, pecking at his reflection.

Quietly, I fumble with the camera. After much stealth (by which I mean I dropped my purse and the bird flew away) I managed to not only get the camera out, but change the darn batteries (never leave home without a spare pair of batteries, not to mention a small flashlight.). I sat for a little while, and, sure enough, Mr. Cardinal came back. PECK PECK PECK! This was what I managed to get with the camera. It's a little blurry; I couldn't get any closer to the door without scaring it off again. But you get the point.

Here's a better pic of the bird.


Hellooo? Anyone in there?

At any rate, I thought maybe you'd enjoy some more stuff out in the greenhouse.

Here's some baby agaves we had to transplant. They were growing in a big pot with a mommy plant. Originally we were supposed to pull the big plant out and divide them that way. But momma just wasn't coming out, man. So we had to put on gloves and reach in and pull them out that way. Hopefully we didn't kill them that way.

Chirpy chirp chirp!
Aye,
Scratch

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes - the cardinal. For his sins though, sigh.

    Must do better next time Scratch. lol

    ReplyDelete

Let me have it!