Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Monday, January 24, 2011

Grace Under Pressure

Just today on the news, the folks who get paid way too much to speak of such things were complaining about how they'd failed in those New Years' resolutions. Already. After less than a month. That got me thinking. First, that I think too much. But mainly, there were some things of my own that I needed to work on. Now, I'm not going to go into the "woe is me I'm so depressed" crap you all read back in December.

That's not to say I'm going to cut out the complaining, cause that wasn't one of the things I needed to work on (well, maybe a little bit.... )

I find that new years resolutions are extremely difficult to keep up with, mainly because people set them do danged high. It's easy to say "I'm going to quit smoking" (Dent) or "I'm going to go on a diet" (woman in one of my classes who makes Jabba the Hutt look good!). It's a little harder there in the delivery. So I made a resolution to not make resolutions. THAT ought to be easy to keep, yes? Except I have one, now.

How about instead of a resolution or goal, just think of a word. A word that you'd like people to think of, when they think of you.

Learn it, Live it, Love it, as my sis likes to say. So here's my word: Grace.

I am what you'd call "less than graceful" about things. Tact? What is this word? And, like the raccoon animal I bear more than a passing resemblence to (at least mentally), I'm not so nice when backed into a corner. Rawr. I cry at the drop of a hat. How about a little more grace? Poise? Grace Under Pressure.

This will be a bit of a challenge, especially since stupidity angers me a lot. A lot of things anger me a lot, come to think of it.

Addressing the Enemy Within--Red alert, red alrert!

We'll let you in on how things go.
Aye,
Scratch

2 comments:

  1. I find it easier to keep resolutions if you just sort of make them ambiguous. I'm going to lose weight? How much? Doesn't matter. I lost some. I'm happy.

    The "I'm going to write another book and get one published this year" are the ones that depress me and cause me to break my ambiguous goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was gonna make a resolution not to post any inane drivel on other peoples blogs...............but I've failed already, pml.

    BUT like you, I can say that with Grace.........and here she is right now. Everyone, say Hi to Grace :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me have it!