Because bad taste is better than no taste at all.....

Sunday, November 14, 2010

A brief break from picture taking

Yeah, I know...you folks no doubt have wondered where I have been these past few days.  No? You haven't? That's okay; I'm going to let you in on things anyhow.

I woke up Tuesday morning with a toothache. By now I know about what an infected tooth feels like; I've already had two of the stupid things pulled...But this is....different. I've managed to keep it somewhat under control with good strong OTC stuff, before nothing would work. So I have no clue if this is what is going on, or not. I go see Mr. Dentist tomorrow; hopefully he can tell me what the heck is going on in my mouth (no jokes, please.... )

We've also taken advantage of the Home Depot thing going on, where you turn in old christmas lights and get coupons for $3 off towards some LED lights. So now we have the whole front of the friggin' singlewide all lit up like you wouldn't believe. Maybe I'll post some pictures of that, next time.  Who needs solar lights when you have a Technicolor trailer? Yeah, yeah, I know. Tres' Redneck, Oui?

Finally, it was official: the chief came out and told us what we were hoping not to hear.  Remains were found that were "consistent" with a child. DNA tests pending, there didn't seem to be any doubt in the chief's mind whose bones they were. We all cried a bit here in badhairland.... I think we were still hoping she'd be stuck in a closet somewhere a'la Elizabeth Smart.

Finally, as I sit here nursing the numerous "papercut"-like scratches on my arms (Pampas grass doesn't cut itself, and even with pants and long sleeves, it works its way up everywhere)

At any rate, it's been an exhausting week or so, which is why I haven't posted a whole lot up here. You'll have to forgive me if my heart hasn't been in it. But, I'd like to say I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, and I've been checking in from time to time to see how you guys are doing. (We were worried 'bout ya, Weese!)

And you knew you couldn't escape without at least ONE picture, didn't you?


I'm getting the feeling cardinals are territorial here.... this one kept trying to peck his own reflection in the truck's chrome and mirror.  I had to sit a while to get a good picture of this fellow; about the point he'd land some dumbass would be cutting through the garden with a rolling bookbag and scare it away.

Chirp chirp!

Here's to a better week ahead
(And maybe more pictures?? ) 
Scratch

1 comment:

  1. Teeth are a pain in the ass and it's bullshit when they say we need to keep them. It's just a way for others to get rich off of your teeth.

    I made them pull all mine and I feel much better without them infecting me, not to mention richer cuz I'm not spending money on them anymore.

    water, which boils at 212 degrees F at sea level, will boil at 150 degrees F at the top of Mount Everest.

    True, but it takes more BTU's of heat, odd, that.

    ReplyDelete

Let me have it!